Cosmetic dentistry has sneaked gradually into our world with a promise of transforming the lives of every person greatly affected by their smiles. It is undeniable that our jobs, social relationships and self-esteem are affected by our physical appearance especially when we talk about the oral cavity. You would not wish to smile in group pictures to show your crooked tooth. You cannot confidently answer interview questions because you are scared that the interviewer will laugh at your missing tooth. All these and more are just instances that show the impact of an unpleasant smile.
Every arlington texas dentist is ready to help anyone wishing to have beautifully confident smile. Here are a few things a dentist can do to change your life for the better:
- Inlays and On lays – Also called indirect fillings, the inlays and on lays are basically created in a dental laboratory and these are generally used to treat a single tooth that is suffering from moderate or mild tooth decay. In cases like this, the tooth no longer has enough structure to support an ordinary filling such that the inlays and on lays are placed directly in the surface. The coverage depends on the intensity of the damage.
- Dental Veneers – These are made to mimic the shape, color and texture of the original set of teeth. These are infused into the oral cavity to resolve a lot of problems including misalignment, crooked teeth, chipped tooth, or damaged enamel. Dental veneers are usually done covering each of the entire cavity.
- Teeth whitening – This is the most common type of cosmetic dentistry according to any arlington texas dentist. Teeth whitening is a simple procedure of removing the stains and discoloration of the teeth. People who may not be aware that smoking and eating or drinking too much without washing the food off their mouth immediately can suffer discoloration.
- Porcelain gowns and bridgework – Heavily damaged teeth can be covered by crowns that are made with porcelain. This material can imitate the natural look of the teeth. It can also made into bridges that close the gap brought by a missing tooth. Generally, the material is made into the shape of the missing tooth and then attached to the tooth on two sides of the gap.
- Composite bonding – This type of treatment from arlington texas dentist requires little work as it is drilled only into the tooth that suffers from chipping or cracking.
Why you should consider cosmetic dentistry?
- Battles the impact of aging – Aging usually is correlated to discoloration of teeth and or cracking and chipping. Most treatments can deal with discoloration and bring back the natural white color of a tooth.
- Enhances your professional growth – Cosmetic dentistry has the ability to boost your confidence when talking and dealing with different kinds of people. As you perform your tasks confidently, you are also expanding your chances for promotion or for better position in the workplace.
- Correction of flaws – Logically, people opt for cosmetic dental procedures in order to manage flaws that may have been incurred naturally or accidentally. For instance, a person lot a tooth due to car accident. One of his options is to undergo dental porcelain bridges to fill the gap. Indeed, every arlington texas dentist would tell you that dental treatments are necessary to deal with problems that can no longer me resolved by general dentistry.
- Prevention of future damages – There are procedures that treatments that are intended to save the teeth. One of these is undergoing crowns and bridges. The gaps in between teeth should be closed as soon as possible using bridges in order for the entire teeth alignment to be preserved.
Stephen Tomalin is a certified dental specialist who pursued studies on cosmetic dentistry in one of the most reputable schools in Texas. His experience is seasoned by his expertise in cosmetic dentistry that has changed the outlook of many towards life.