Every smile deserves to look the best and teeth-whitening can help you achieve the same. If you have never visited a North York Dental clinic for a cleaning/whitening procedure, you should ideally pay a visit. In this special post, we will talk about five facts that you probably don’t know about teeth whitening.
- In the medical world, teeth-whitening is also known as dental bleaching, and to clean the stains, a mild dental bleach agent is used. Do not worry about getting sensitive teeth after the end of the treatment, because the impact is only minimal and lasts for only a few days. However, dentists may use different kinds of strips and gels, which can change the level of sensitivity.
- Teeth whitening treatments are known to be completely safe for anyone, although it is not advisable for children in their early age owing to possible enamel damage. Most dentists use peroxide for the cleaning procedure, which is safe and doesn’t have any impact on the structure of the teeth or enamel. The whole purpose is to make teeth appear whiter.
- It is also often believed that teeth-whitening is painful, which is not true. Since there is the use of a bleaching agent, there may some level of discomfort when it comes in contact with the gums. Only minor ache is noticed for first 10 hours in rare cases. In case there is any pain, your doctor may suggest a painkiller, which can reduce the discomfort.
- Teeth-whitening doesn’t take much time, although your North York Dentist will take a look at the stains and decide on the procedure. Some patients may need to visit more than once, especially for strains that are long term or have been caused by antibiotics.
- People often claim that using baking soda or lemon can do the trick at home, which don’t really work. Professional cleaning and whitening is done by an expert dentist, who knows the required care and attention that the procedure demands. If a patient has highly sensitive teeth, he will make sure that the impact of the procedure is reduced by altering the cleaning gels/strips.
Do not rely on any and every clinic for cosmetic dentistry procedure. Take an initial appointment and ask as many questions as you can before taking a decision. With the right dentist and his expertise, the results can last for a longer period of time.